Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Project Implementation Blog Entry

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Impressive post Brian! I can see that your program is going to be a huge project. I can relate to some of the problems and successes you experienced. I also found the students were more engaged in learning and so were happy and on task. Finding resources is the hard part. Viewing and reviewing what the students will use and learn is a constant, ongoing part of creating a resource and therefore we need to be checking and rechecking, as I'm sure you are aware. As with all teaching, from the first implementation it is easy to see where improvements can be made and having text books to hand is a good idea whilst your project is in 'growth' mode. Collaboration for your project is perhaps a harder nut to crack as you have said before that many of the students are working on different areas of the maths curriculum. Good luck.

April 18, 2010 at 12:16 AM  
Blogger Michele Weiss-Glaza said...

Wow!You have done a lot of work on creating a great classroom resource for your students. It is amazing how the digital natives really are engrossed in new technology but I agree, as time goes on you may have some more challenges in this area.

I like the idea that you are stressing this as a tutoring tool or summary of teaching they have already received.

Creating subtopics so the page is not as busy was a good idea and I agree that immediate feedback is critical to the programs success. Thank you for sharing such a detailed report of the surprises and bumps of your implementation. It helps me to think about my TechQuest a little differently since I won't be able to implement it yet.

April 19, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home